Wednesday, February 6, 2013

*sigh*

You know those days where you're just sad.
Yeah, I'm having one of those days.
For me, I know that when I'm in bad place emotionally my body starts to feel just as bad. So today, by second period (like 10:00) my stomach hurt, I felt terrible and I was dizzy.  I ended up going home and now I've been thinking, how can someone make a day like this better?
So, here's a post on how to maybe look on the sorta-kinda-maybe-brighter side of a problem.

1) Make a Pros and Cons list: I don't usually think pros and cons lists work, but sometimes writing down what's getting to you and then writing down the good stuff in you life helps.  Like today, in my journal (I keep one daily btw it's pretty cool actually) I made a pros and cons list.  In my mind I had so many things that sucked but on paper I really only had two.  Both of the "problems" involved boyzzzzz (both have girlfriends, both are older then me, neither know I like them) and all of six of my pros were pretty good, it put stuff in perspective.

2) Throw yourself into something: When I say "something" I don't mean bad somethings I mean hobbies, school work, etc. For me, I either start working really hard in school (positive! you get good grades), or drawing (positive! I make something I'm proud of.)  By throwing yourself into something you care about, your mind won't be on the problem anymore, you can express yourself and you can also succeed or grow in a subject you care about.  Yay you!

3) Look/listen/read things that make you happy! : For me, this usually means looking at Rookie or books I like, pictures that make me happy or reading stuff that is like comfort food.  This will also distract you and put you in a good mood, remember you deserve it.

4) Talk to that person that always make you laugh: Everyone loves a good laugh (well most people) and if you have a friend that always cheers you up talk to them.  If your not in the mood to talk (which I tots get) listen to a comedian that makes you laugh (Louis C.K is my fav.) or a song that makes you happy.

5) Watch this: 



Everything looks a little brighter now don it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites