Sunday, October 13, 2013

October Rad Things

So I love October and sharing and acting like people actually want my advice so for this month, OCTOBERRRRR, I'm going to make a few lists of things I'm obsessed with at the moment because I'm obsessed with lots of things and because I love lists.

STYLE/CLOTHING
I wouldn't call myself a super duper crazy dresser, I like sticking with classics.  But I do LOVE certain accessories/shoes/stuff like that.  Usually I just stare at things and drool.
  Lately I've really been loving sort of simple things that have very odd details when you really really look at their detail.









I swear, that collection of stuff makes me just UGH.  You see what I mean when I say I like my clothes in a simple but very detailed way (like those pants, they're printed but not screaming "LOOOOK AT MeEEE" I love that.  OH and I plan to wear my eyeliner like that tomorrow!! (I'm so excitedd) 

MUSIC
   I saw Vampire Weekend in September and loved every moment of it.  They're this really great great band that I've been listening to since 6th grade and I was so excited to see them live!!! My personal favorite tracks from their newest album, Modern Vampires of the City are "Step", "Obvious Bicycle", and "Finger Back".  They were amazing live and have become pretty big, but if you still haven't heard them check them out! 
  I'm constantly trying to find new artists and tracks, so I'm constantly on the look out.  I recently heard The Drums, whom I instantly fell in love with.  I love that type of music that gives me summer vibes, and the Drums are like this mix of the Beach Boys and something magical.  I love their song "Saddest Summer" and basically every other song of theirs because they make me feel like the sun is shining.  
  Also, this new music video for the song "St. Justice" by Albert Hammond Junior makes me swoon in every way because the music is great as well as the b&w video. 
  I've also been getting into Bruce Springsteen... sooooo. 

ART
What I consider art MAY differ from your opinion, just a warning.
  Recently, a book was published called Heavenly Bodies which is all about these AMAZING skeletons they have uncovered in Rome.  These skeletons, belonging to priests and other holy people in the church, are dripping in rare jewels and gold and jewelry and they are SO elaborate it's spectacular.  



Apparently, Nuns decorated these skeletons and some were so old that they weren't able to find certain parts, like a hand for example, so they would take a hand from another body and use it instead.  It's incredible honestly. 
  Another project I've really admired is this piece by Jay Rey entitled "Nipples".  Jay Rey said the following; "we had to tackle ideas of gender for homework. My solution to the assignment was to tackle the issue of a male versus a female nipple and why a female nipple needs to be censored. They are nipples ya’ll, beyond being some what funny, I don’t know why they gotta be such a threat. Us art students deal with em on the daily." 
I really loved the statement this made about gender inequality and the interesting differences our culture sees in men and women and their bodies.  Claps to you Jay Rey!!! 
  I love to draw and have been collaging more which is great.  I also really envy this sketch journal, but I plan to start creating my own using these tips.  The idea of saving everything like this makes me so happy and I'm a self described hermit so it's perfect. 

MOVIES/T.V
I started watching "Breaking Bad" (yes I am late) and that's great but I've been too busy to watch much. Instead, I made a list of movies/tv shows that will give ya goosebumps for Halloween. 

Eva’s Creepy Spooky Spunky Halloween Night Entertainment Bonanza

  • Beetlejuice (1988) 
  • Twin Peaks (1990) 
  • The Witches of Eastwick (1987) 
  • Carrie  (1976) 
  • Heathers (1988)
  • Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
  • Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
  • Young Frankenstein (1974)
  • Howls Moving Castle (2004)
  • The Vanishing (1993)
  • Pulp Fiction (1994)
That's all folks!!! I'll write when I can, hope you enjoy a few of these awesome things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites