Monday, January 28, 2013

Fantasy World of Mystical, Psychedelic, and Poppy Arts

      None of this is my work, but as I was looking at the images on my computer (because that's what I do when I'm bed ridden.) these all caught my eye.  These images are either from rookiemag.com or http://www.theardorous.com, or http://www.booooooom.com/ which are both such great websites about feminism, photography and just cool stuff in general.  You should definitely check them out. 
     Anyways, back to the pictures.  Lately, I've been very into colorful, mystical kind of stuff.  I think that it's so beautiful and so eye catching.  These images are some of my favorites, the way that the colors blend but still pop and the magical feel they all have.


A painting of the galaxy, I like it because unlike other pictures of space, it's very colorful.  It reminds me of a never ending vertex.

Beautiful Picture from Rookie by Eleanor Hardwick, who's  an amazing photographer, and the collage by Ben Giles  (Here's the full album)


Amazing artwork made out of sugar and plastic.  The artists are Nicole Andrijevic and Tanya Schultz, known as Pip & Pop.  The detail of their work is fantastic.  It's magical and eery, like an anime horror movie.  Think Edward Scissor Hands mixed with Japanese pop art. It's gorgeous, haunting and sickeningly sweet.

This photograph was taken at a the Coney Island Mermaid Parade by Lauren Poor.  I love the colors and the unrealness of it.  The rest of the album can be found here on Rookie.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites